Hello Godwin Families,
I hope that you have had a good week! Here is the school-wide calendar for next week.
- During the week of April 25-29, there were 22 positive Covid-19 cases reported to Godwin.
- Congratulations to the Godwin Students of the Week for this week! Please see Ms. Cipolla in the front office for your swag!
11th Grade Ebtesaam “Ebte” Abdul-Qudoos, Philip Friedman, Connor Hennessey, Haldar Kolluri, Isaac Yeaker, and Nikita Sukharevich
12th Grade Emma Crider
- Congratulations to Mr. Nick Dzienny, physics teacher at Godwin, who was recognized this week for Dr. Cashwell’s Yay of the Day award! Here is a video of Mr. Dzienny receiving the award.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: This week is Teacher Appreciation Week! We are excited to celebrate our wonderful Godwin teachers!
- Administrative Professionals Day/Week: We celebrated our administrative professionals this week: Mrs. Bruss (front office secretary), Mrs. Johnson (registrar), Mrs. Mares (front office secretary), Mrs. Moran (financial secretary), Ms. Raines (school counseling secretary), Mrs. Winston (attendance secretary). Thank you for all that you do for Godwin!
- Come see Sister Act , the a feel-good musical comedy based on the hit 1992 film. When disco diva, Deloris Van Cartier, witnesses a murder, she is put in protective custody in the one place the cops are sure she won’t be a found: a convent! Disguised as a nun, she finds herself at odds with both the rigid lifestyle and uptight Mother Superior. Using her unique disco moves and singing talent to inspire the choir, Deloris breathes new life into the church and community but, in doing so, blows her cover. Soon, the gang is giving chase, only to find them up against Deloris and the power of her newly found sisterhood.
- Thursday, May 5th and Friday 6th at 7 p.m. and Saturday 7th at 2 p.m.
- Tickets are $12 and can be purchased in advance at our.show/godwinsisteract.
- SOL Testing: SOL & English 9 Writing Performance Task testing will take place in May as previously emailed home in March through PowerSchool Parent/Guardian contact emails & student henricostudents.org emails. Please see the letters linked below for additional information about this testing. Godwin’s testing schedule is included in the SOL letters. If you have any questions regarding testing, please email our Coordinator of Assessment & Remediation, Christy Hudson, at email@example.com.
- Summer School: Please see attached brochure for all HCPS Summer School 2022 opportunities and registration information. All courses taken for initial credit will be through Virtual Virginia. Registration and mentor agreements are attached as well for those course offerings.
- Virtual Virginia Registration: March 1st- June 15th: Virtual Virginia Registration_Mentor Information.pdf
- HCPS Summer Registration: April 11th- May 6th: HCPS Elementary Middle and High School Summer 2022 Course Offerings (final_3_1_22).pdf
- Course Selection for 2022-2023: Parents of 9-11th graders, please log in to your PowerSchool parent account and review your student’s course selections for next year. While we are still very much working on scheduling, we want to confirm that we have the right class selections. If you need to make a change, please complete this form by May 27th (last day for schedule changes).
- Final Exams: Students will take final exams in June.
- Seniors will take their exams the week of June 6th and all other students will take their exams the week of June 13th.
- Seniors and students who are enrolled in AP classes and take the AP exam can be exempted from exams. Here is the Henrico County Public Schools policy about exam exemption. There is no SOL exam exemption policy.
- Yearbook: Don’t miss out on getting this year’s yearbook! The deadline to order a 2021-22 book is May 10th. Here is the link to make a purchase online; scroll down to online school payments. Once in the system, you will find the yearbook listed as 2021-2022 Publications (including yearbook). Books are distributed in August. https://henricoschools.us/online-services/
- Freshmen Class Fundraiser: Come out to support the freshman class in raising money for homecoming 2022 and prom of 2024 by attending spirit night at Chipotle (The Summit on West Broad) on May 2nd from 5 pm – 9 pm. Mention Godwin High School and proceeds will go towards the freshman class.
- Sexual Assault Presentation: Thank you to 2018 Godwin graduate Ava Stokes and her family who presented about her story and college campus safety on Monday night, sponsored by the Godwin PTSO. Here is her presentation: Godwin presentation.pptx
- Godwin PTSO:
- PTSO Hospitality will be hosting a Teacher Appreciation Luncheon on May 4th. If you do not have time to volunteer food items donating Chick Fil A gift cards is a great way to contribute! Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4baca62daafe3-godwin
- Godwin Athletic Association:
- The Godwin Athletic Association is in need of energetic and dedicated individuals to help make up the 2022-2023 Godwin Athletic Association Board. We have many positions open. If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information please contact Allison Unowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spirit Day and Night @ Marco’s Pizza-John Rolfe Location; Tuesday, May 10th. Marco’s Pizza will donate 20% of net sales generated by this fundraiser back to the Godwin Athletic Association! Order by phone (804) 774-7474, online https://www.marcos.com/ fundraisers or in person.
- We are grateful for our community partners!
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Leigh Dunavant