Hello Godwin Families,
I hope that you have had a good week! Here is the school-wide calendar for next week.
- During the week of May 2-6, there were 27 positive Covid-19 cases reported to Godwin.
- Congratulations to the Godwin Students of the Week for this week! Please see Ms. Cipolla in the front office for your swag!
- 9th Grade Estefani Castro Cruz
- 10th Grade Troi Brendle
- 11th Grade Julianna Keller & Timofey Galyukov
- 12th Grade Natalie Hoerner, Emerson Schneider, Langley Sherdel & Katelyn Costello
- Congratulations to the 2022-2023 SCA Executive Board: Henry Berger, Macy Berringer, Connor Hennessey (President) and KJ Nugin! Thank you to all candidates for participating and everyone who voted.
- SOL Testing: SOL & English 9 Writing Performance Task testing will take place in May as previously emailed home in March through PowerSchool Parent/Guardian contact emails & student henricostudents.org emails. Please see the letters linked below for additional information about this testing. Godwin’s testing schedule is included in the SOL letters. If you have any questions regarding testing, please email our Coordinator of Assessment & Remediation, Christy Hudson, at email@example.com.
- Summer School: Please see attached brochure for all HCPS Summer School 2022 opportunities and registration information. All courses taken for initial credit will be through Virtual Virginia. Registration and mentor agreements are attached as well for those course offerings.
- Virtual Virginia Registration: March 1st- June 15th: Virtual Virginia Registration_Mentor Information.pdf
- HCPS Summer Registration: April 11th- May 6th: HCPS Elementary Middle and High School Summer 2022 Course Offerings (final_3_1_22).pdf
- Course Selection for 2022-2023: Parents of 9-11th graders, please log in to your PowerSchool parent account and review your student’s course selections for next year. While we are still very much working on scheduling, we want to confirm that we have the right class selections. If you need to make a change, please complete this form by May 27th (last day for schedule changes).
- Final Exams: Students will take final exams in June.
- Seniors will take their exams the week of June 6th and all other students will take their exams the week of June 13th.
- Seniors and students who are enrolled in AP classes and take the AP exam can be exempted from exams. Here is the Henrico County Public Schools policy about exam exemption. There is no SOL exam exemption policy.
- Yearbook: Don’t miss out on getting this year’s yearbook! The deadline to order a 2021-22 book is May 10th. Here is the link to make a purchase online; scroll down to online school payments. Once in the system, you will find the yearbook listed as 2021-2022 Publications (including yearbook). Books are distributed in August. https://henricoschools.us/online-services/
- Front Office Change in Staffing: Mrs. Bruss, one of our front office assistants, left Godwin this week to take another position. On Monday, we welcome Mrs. Jensen to the front office team!
- Godwin Athletic Association:
- The Godwin Athletic Association is in need of energetic and dedicated individuals to help make up the 2022-2023 Godwin Athletic Association Board. We have many positions open. If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information please contact Allison Unowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spirit Night Fundraisers this Week:
- Tonight, May 6th: Support the Boys Tennis Team at PotBelly from 3-8 p.m. Tennis SN.pdf
- Monday, May 9th: Support the Boys Tennis Team at Deep Run Roadhouse from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Tennis SN.pdf
- Tuesday, May 10th: Support the Godwin Athletic Association at Marco’s Pizza-John Rolfe location-Marco’s Pizza will donate 20% of net sales generated by this fundraiser back to the Godwin Athletic Association! Order by phone (804) 774-7474, online https://www.marcos.com/ fundraisers or in person.
- Tuesday, May 10th: Support the Choral Boosters at Rusty Taco from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. rusty taco spirit night.pdf
- Tuesday, May 10th: Support the Boys Tennis Team at Gelati Celesti from 3-9 p.m. Tennis SN.pdf
- We are grateful for our community partners!
Happy Mother’s Day to all of our wonderful Godwin mothers! I hope that you have a great weekend!
Mrs. Leigh Dunavant