Hello Godwin Families,
I hope that you have had a good week! Here is the school-wide calendar for next week.
- School Safety: We have all been heavy-hearted, sad, and disturbed this week in the wake of the school shootings in Texas. In 2018 and 2019, we held in-person community safety forums supported by the Godwin PTSO to discuss our school safety protocols, answer questions, and address concerns. Although we will not be able to have a forum before the end of this school year, we will host one in the early fall. Here are the answers to the questions and concerns that community members and students presented in 2018 and 2019; at the bottom of this document is a form for you to enter a question or present a concern. You can also email or call me at any time.
- Social Media: This week, there were multiple social media posts made by students at Godwin that showed unsafe behaviors (substance use, horseplay, and minor vandalism) happening in Godwin student restrooms. Be assured that our administrative team takes these types of behaviors seriously at all times. We were able to address the students involved in these incidents and give them consequences. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me.
- We ask all adults in the building to check student restrooms on a regular basis.
- We have staff on duty in the hallways near restrooms to monitor.
- We work with our school security officer, our school resource officer, and our school administrators to address these matters and take appropriate action under the Henrico County Code of Conduct and the Code of Virginia.
- We ask that our students and families report anything unsafe happening through anonymous alerts or directly to a staff member.
- During the week of May 23-27 , there were 13 positive Covid-19 cases reported to Godwin.
- Good luck to our spring athletic teams who continue in regional tournaments this week!
- Congratulations to the following seniors who participated in CTE Signing Day this week! These seniors will begin their careers after graduation after earning training and certification in the ACE Center programs in Henrico County.
- Alexander Clark
- Kyle Gregory
- Scarlett McCurnin
- Justas Viliusis
- Congratulations to the 2022-2023 Class of 2023 SCA Class Council: Isaac Yeaker (President), Ebtesaam Abdul-Qudoos, Arjun Ashok, Haldar Kolluri, and Max McGinnis.
- Congratulations to the 2022-2023 Class of 2024 SCA Class Council: Chris Winn (President), Berkley Nance, Kiki Spears, Jackie Stevenson, and Nyla Williams.
- Congratulations to the 2022-2023 Class of 2025 SCA Class Council: Roman Bernard (President), Aiden Abye, Davis Hollister, Madison Mussatt, and Yana Shah.
- Congratulations to the Godwin Students of the Week for this week nominated by the Godwin faculty and staff! Please see Ms. Cipolla in the front office for your swag!
- 9th Grade Maksim Godbout, Madeline Chapman, & Malik Fox
- 11th Grade Thomas Brandenburger
- 12th Grade Caleb Lyles
- Final Exam Schedule: Here is the final exam schedule for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders.
- Friday 6/10 6th period
- Monday 6/13 1st and 3rd periods
- Tuesday 6/13 2nd and 4th periods
- Wednesday 6/15 5th and 7th periods
- ACE Center students will be directed by their centers.
- Bell Schedule:
- 1st Exam: 9:00-10:50
- Break: 10:50-11:10
- 2nd Exam: 11:10-1:00 (Buses will depart after the 2nd exam)
- Class of 2022: Please continue to check the class of 2022 website for information about senior exams, senior activities, and graduation.
- Medication Pick-up: Any medication in the clinic must be picked up by a parent by 2:00PM Wednesday, 6/15/22. Parents of students with daily prescription medication, as needed prescription medication, and/or emergency prescription medication in the clinic, should expect your student to bring home a letter from the clinic soon. Any medication that has not been picked up by the deadline will be discarded.
- The Godwin Athletic Association is in need of energetic and dedicated individuals to help make up the 2022-2023 Godwin Athletic Association Board. We have many positions open. If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information please contact Allison Unowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come out and support the Godwin cross country team at Gelati Celesti on Tuesday, May 31st! Godwin Cross Country.png
- We are grateful for our community partners!
Have a good weekend!
Mrs. Leigh Dunavant