I hope that you have had a good week! Here is the school-wide calendar for next week.
- During the week of May 31st-June 3rd , there were 19 positive Covid-19 cases reported to Godwin.
- Congratulations to the boys tennis team who won the state quarterfinals today! Good luck to the team in the state semifinal tournament on Monday, June 6th at 10 a.m. against Deep Run at Deep Run!
- Good luck to the following athletes who have competed today and will continue to compete tomorrow, June 4th, at the state track meet at Todd Stadium in Newport News!
- Jessica Flammia
- SeMore Green
- Katelyn Griffen
- Kylee Gunn
- Berkley Nance
- Ardenne Sklavos
- Samuel Stow
- Evan Tuckley
- Cadence Walke
- Good luck to the softball team who play the regional final game this evening at 7 p.m. against Clover Hill at Deep Run High School!
- Congratulations to the Todd Allen Phillips Center for Medical Sciences students who competed at the Virginia Junior Academy of Scientists competition recently!
- Congratulations to the Godwin Students of the Week for this week nominated by the Godwin faculty and staff! Please see Ms. Cipolla in the front office for your swag!
- 9th Grade Sydney Schrickel & Sophia Elena Randazzo
- 10th Grade Ella DiStanlo, Ragad Ahmed, Henry Glagola, Summer Pace, Aryan Mhaskar, & Emily Honeycutt
- 11th Grade Rishav Sen & Jamie Wright
- 12th Grade Campbell Garner, Julia Michel, & Coleman Gaucher
- Athletic Physicals for the 2022-23 school year will be offered at Godwin on Monday, June 6 for $25. Sign up for an appointment using this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4faaaa29a5fb6-20222023
- Laptop Collection: We will collect laptops from 9th, 10th, and 11th graders this week through English classes.
- Awards and Honors Assemblies: We will be having grade level honors and awards assemblies on Thursday, June 9th. If you have received notice that your child is receiving an award, you are welcome to attend the assembly. When you arrive at Godwin, you can check in at the front office for a visitor pass and the front office staff will show you to the auditorium. Senior parents can enter the school from the commons doors that evening.
- 9th grade: 9:00 a.m.
- 10th grade: 10:15 a.m.
- 11th grade: 2:45 p.m.
- 12th grade: 7:00 p.m.
- Final Exam Schedule: Here is the final exam schedule for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders.
- Friday 6/10 6th period
- Monday 6/13 1st and 3rd periods
- Tuesday 6/14 2nd and 4th periods
- Wednesday 6/15 5th and 7th periods
- ACE Center students will be directed by their centers.
- Bell Schedule:
- 1st Exam: 9:00-10:50
- Break: 10:50-11:10
- 2nd Exam: 11:10-1:00 (Buses will depart after the 2nd exam)
- Together We’ll Heal: A Community Conversation for Peace: From the national news to local neighborhoods, we are seeing a surge in violence impacting young people, their families, and communities as a whole. Caring thoughts are no longer enough to heal our heavy hearts; it is time for a solutions-focused conversation. You are invited to join a team of school, county, public health, and law enforcement leaders for two special town hall meetings, “Together We’ll Heal: A Community Conversation for Peace.” A panel discussion will focus on the issues facing our community as well as available intervention and support resources. Attendees can be part of the conversation by submitting questions that will guide the discussion.
Together We’ll Heal: A Community Conversation for Peace (In-Person Event)
When: Monday, June 6, 6-7:30 p.m.*
Where: Henrico High School
302 Azalea Ave.
*Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with resource tables available for families.
Together We’ll Heal: A Community Conversation for Peace (Virtual Town Hall)
When: Wednesday, June 8, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Class of 2022: Please continue to check the class of 2022 website for information about senior exams, senior activities, and graduation.
- Medication Pick-up: Any medication in the clinic must be picked up by a parent by 2:00PM Wednesday, 6/15/22. Parents of students with daily prescription medication, as needed prescription medication, and/or emergency prescription medication in the clinic, should expect your student to bring home a letter from the clinic soon. Any medication that has not been picked up by the deadline will be discarded.
- Medical Club Event: Please join the Godwin Medical Club as they work hard to help fight the battle against cancer at the Science Museum of Virginia on Sunday, June 12, from 6 PM to 10 PM!Cancer is a disease that has personally affected many of our Eagle families. Show your support by bringing family and friends to attend a night at the Dome planetarium with refreshments and movie showings from 6:45 to 8:30 PM and 8:45 to 10 PM. All ticket proceeds go to the National Foundation for Cancer Research, and further event details, donation information and ticket registration can be found at the links below. If your child is a member of Medical Club, they will earn 3 points for attending. We are excited to see you there to support our Eagles and cancer research!
- Ticket Registration: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4daeab2da7fec07-national
- Information: https://ankitamandal284.wixsite.com/nfcrnight
- The Godwin Athletic Association is in need of energetic and dedicated individuals to help make up the 2022-2023 Godwin Athletic Association Board. We have many positions open. If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information please contact Allison Unowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are grateful for our community partners!
Have a good weekend!
Mrs. Leigh Dunavant