Eagles Express, February 3rd
Hello Godwin families!
Happy weekend! We hope you all had a great week! Our students are doing great things with excellence, perseverance, integrity, and compassion!
- Congratulations to the Godwin Students of the Week for this week! These students are nominated each week by Godwin staff for doing great things! Please see Ms. Cipolla in the front office for your written nomination and swag!
- 9th Grade Seth Whitman, Olivia Goad, Kelsey Morris, Meghan McPhail, & Peyton Davis
- 10th Grade Laura Salcedo Garcia, Kevin Diaz-Aleman, Luis Ugalde, & Alyssa Deosarran
- 11th Grade Makenna Martin, Matthew Gavin, Mohnish Gopalan, & Carter Newman
- 12th Grade Ariana Jiminez, Katherine Dwyer, Campbell Gordon, Mabia Sikder, & Dontrell Johnson
- Good luck to the gymnastics team who will compete at the regional tournament (February 4th at 10 at Deep Run) and to the wrestling team who will compete at the district tournament (February 4th at Glen Allen), both this weekend!
- Congratulations to these students who will be performing in the District Band on Saturday, February 4th at 2:00pm at Highland Springs High School! Hyrum Ashby, Jake Bruning, Austin Burks, Moses Cordero, Aiden Darden, Jackson David, Matthew Fish, Henry Glagola, Eliana Gold, Henry Guo, Davis Hollister, Andy Jiang, Camden Lovings, Matthew Madeville, Etienne Mazion, Isaac Mendoza, Joseph Neely, Madeline Osterfeld, Ryder Perdue, Spirika Reno, Madi Riley, Beckett Samson, Elliot See, Beatrice Shippee, Jack Spaulding, Adam Stallard, Will Vaughan, Caleb White, Marshall Wright, Nathan Wright, Emily Yang, and Jonathan Yousik!
- Congratulations to Erin Costain who won a Gold Key award in this year’s Scholastic Writing Contest!
- School Counseling Week: National School Counseling Week is February 6-10! This week we are highlighting the critical and unique contribution of our school counselors here at (insert school name) and the tremendous impact they have on helping our students with academic achievement, college and career readiness, social/emotional development, and mental/behavioral health. Please take a moment to thank a school counselor this week!
- Safety Forum: The PTSO and the Godwin Safety team will be hosting an in-person safety forum on February 13th at 7:00pm at Godwin to discuss school safety at Godwin. We will share more information next week about this event.
- FEV Tutoring: We have shared information with Godwin students about free FEV tutoring that Henrico County is providing for all students this year. Here is a presentation about what the platform can offer for students.
- ASVAB Testing: Attention 10th, 11th and 12th grade students who are interested in the military: if you would like to take the ASVAB test on Thursday, March 2nd (a Day 1), please complete this short google form. To learn more about the ASVAB test, go to https://www.officialasvab.com/ or see or message Mrs. Eubank in school counseling.
- Upcoming Dates: Here is the school-wide calendar which includes athletic events and activities happening this week.
- February 3rd: District Band at Highland Springs High School 2pm
- February 13th: PTSO Program-School Safety 7pm (in-person in the auditorium; details forthcoming)
- February 16th: Evening Parent Conferences 4:30-7:30 pm (sign-ups forthcoming)
- February 20th: President’s Day (Student and Staff Holiday)
- February 21st: Student Holiday (Teacher Professional Learning Day)
- February 26th: Chorus Concert 3 pm
- Godwin PTSO:
- Join the Godwin PTSO and donate to the Godwin Eagle Fund! 100% of all money collected stays at Godwin. Visit the Godwin PTSO website for info and to join at https://godwinptso.com/join-the-ptso/
- Godwin Athletic Association:
- GAA MEMBERSHIP: Membership drive for the 2022-2023 school year is still open. Let’s continue to come together and support our student athletes. We raise money to benefit athletes and the facilities on which they practice and play. Our goals are to promote positive community relations with parents, administration, students, alumni and the greater Godwin community to make sure our athletic programs are the best they can be. By joining the Godwin Athletic Association, you are supporting ALL our athletes and coaches, whether it be Fall, Winter or Spring sports. You can click here to join online or to purchase a punch card.
- SPIRIT EVENT: Relax Tuesday, January 31st (3:00PM-9:00PM) and let The Grapevine do the cooking for you!! Come on out and support our Godwin Athletes. Dine In or Pick Up – Drop Receipt in the red Godwin Athletic Association Box.
- 3rd ANNUAL CASINO NIGHT: The GAA invites you to take a chance and join us for an evening of fun at our 3rd Annual Casino Night Fundraiser on Saturday, March 18th at The Dominion Club. To purchase your tickets or sponsorship, VISIT https://form.jotform.com/230107551588153
- We are grateful for Godwin’s community partners!
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Leigh Dunavant